World Heritage listed Fraser Island is the perfect destination for conference and incentive organisers seeking a venue with a difference. Located on the western side of Fraser Island, the resort has capitalised on the island’s natural surrounds, creating a specialist conference venue which complements the beauty of the Island. Fraser Island is easily accessible by air from Hervey Bay, Sunshine Coast or Brisbane Airport.
Fraser Island, at the southern tip of the Great Barrier Reef (just a 50 minute ferry ride from Hervey Bay), is a place with an uncanny ability to focus the mind and stimulate the senses – which is an asset when it comes to delivering the goals you’ve set from your meetings and conferencing business. The island is much lauded for its beautiful beaches, flora and fauna and for its diverse array of natural landscapes – and the destination’s versatility is put to good use when it comes to designing a program, package or event that matches your objectives.
- In 2012 achieved ‘Green Travel Leader’ status
- Winner of nine Queensland and six Australian Tourism Awards
- All of our tours have Advanced Eco Accreditation from Ecotourism Australia
- Voted the Best Beach Resort in Australia by ‘Discovery’s Travel Channel’
Catering for groups big or small, the main conference area has natural light, ambient views and is surrounded by large undercover decks. By setting up on our outdoor deck areas, which are adjacent to the meeting rooms, you can take full advantage of the natural surrounds.
- Resort’s ballroom seats 300 people theatre style and can be divided into three sections
- Four smaller rooms for training programs
- Shaded verandas provide space for breakout areas
A fully integrated resort with 152 hotel rooms and 110 two and three bedroom self-contained villas. Accommodations include a private deck, fully equipped kitchen, full laundry facilities, colour TV, bath/shower, hair dryer, iron, STD/ISD phone.
- 4-wheels driving adventures
- Ranger tours
- Themed fine dining experiences
- Four swimming pools
- Spa sanctuary
- Water sports
- Gift shop
- Self-guided walks
- Canoe paddle
- Fishing clinic
Conveniently located on the western side of Fraser Island, Kingfisher Bay Resort is housed on the world’s largest sand island. Four hours north of the Brisbane Airport, three hours north of Sunshine Coast Airport and 20 minutes from Hervey Bay Airport.