The Sunshine Coast Health Institute (SCHI) is a dedicated education, training and research facility providing a range of educational tools and training to develop and improve the skills of doctors, nurses, allied health workers, health professionals and vocational students.
Located on the Sunshine Coast University Hospital (SCUH) campus at Birtinya, the SCHI is a partnership between the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service, TAFE Queensland, the University of the Sunshine Coast and Griffith University.
- The SCHI has a range of modern and flexible spaces available for hire, catering for activities with a health related theme.
- Although not a function centre, the unique facilities are perfect for conferences, meetings, seminars and other events.
- The SCHI Auditorium, Lectures Theatres, Multipurpose Teaching Rooms and Clinical Demonstration Classrooms are available to hire by our SCHI Partners, not-for-profit organisations and for commercial use.
- Use of the foyer area and breakout spaces external to the Auditorium and Lecture theatres, trade displays and on-site AV/technical and event support can be arranged for your function.
The SCHI has a 370 seat auditorium with a beautiful exposed beam ceiling and superior acoustics.
- adjacent indoor and outdoor spaces suitable for catering and trade displays
- equipped with state of the art audio visual capabilities
The SCHI has two lecture theatres seating 75 people.
- can be opened up to create one large 150 seat space
- breakout space available
- equipped with audio visual capabilities including dual large screens in each theatre (4 in total for combined space)
Multipurpose teaching rooms
These rooms are highly flexible spaces seating 36 people (only available for hire in conjunction with an Auditorium or Lecture Theatre booking).
- equipped with kite tables arranged in groups (6 in total)
- podium presentation PC with 6 individual PC screens surrounding the room (for breakout group work)
- 7m x 10m in dimension
Clinical demonstration classrooms
These classrooms are perfect for practical training sessions for up to 30 people.
- two practical education spaces available accommodating 30 people
- can be opened up to create one large space
- benches with drafting chairs, 6 patient beds and portable PC with large screen available
- 9.5m x 8m in dimension
How your event can help Wishlist
Wishlist works closely with the Sunshine Coast Health Institute to facilitate events at the new, modern facilities.
Wishlist are here to help
Once your space is booked through the SCHI Business Advisor, we act as your complete conference experience organisers.
Our events team will help to faciliate catering, accommodation, flights, AV, equipment and car hire as well as provide a point of contact on the day of the event.
Your event can help Wishlist further by including a small donation in your ticket cost e.g. $2. 100% of funds raised will stay local for the benefit of Sunshine Coast patients & their families.
To find out more click here
|Lecture theatre 2||75||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Lecture theatre 1 & 2||150||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Multipurpose teaching room 8||–||36||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Clinical demo classroom||–||30||–||–||–||–||–||–|
Located in Birtinya approximately 20 minutes from Sunshine Coast Airport and one drive hour north of Brisbane