Situated next to Gardner’s Falls in the stunning Sunshine Coast Hinterland just 90 minutes from Brisbane, Spicers Tamarind Retreat offers a tranquil setting ideal for small conferences, meetings and executive retreats. Set on 15 acres of lush rainforest and gardens, the property boasts private luxury villas, Asian inspired gourmet cuisine and an onsite day spa to create an environment that draws on the natural calm of its rainforest setting.
- The Conference Room is located next to the Tamarind Restaurant and Guest Lounge, with easy access to the onsite accommodation via the tree lined pathways and timber boardwalks. This room is ideal for group meetings of all types with a fireplace at one end, windows that open for fresh mountain air, natural light and private bathroom facilities. Suitable for groups up to 45.
- The Sala Room is a private and intimate space surrounded by lush vegetation overlooking the valley and forest. The indoor/outdoor room is air conditioned with natural light as well a natural breeze. The adjacent deck is perfect for break out areas. Suitable for groups up to 20.
Spicers Tamarind Retreat is an intimately unique retreat where Thai style meets the tranquility of the Australian bush. Offering a total of 22 accommodation rooms spread across a mix of six one bedroom villas and eight two bedroom villas, ideal for groups that like their own space for relaxation and privacy. Each room boats king sized beds, luxurious amenities and those little touches to make you feel at home.
The Tamarind Restaurant is the hub of the property and is set in a tranquil outdoor pavilion designed to make the most of the peaceful location. Awards Two Chef Hats for tw consecutive years, The Tamarind specialises in innovative Asian cuisine by creating a delicate combination the traditional Asian flavours of sweet, sour and spicy. The private bar is located at the entrance to the restaurant, with outdoor dining options available. The restaurant can host a maximum of 60 Guests in the Sala Room and an additional 30 in the restaurant. The Tamarind Restaurant is open 7 days a week for breakfast and dinner, as well as lunch Friday – Sunday.
Onsite group activities
- The Tamarind Cooking School – Hands on tuition featuring the secrets of modern Asian or French cuisine. Enjoy as a lunch for dinner option as a small group or up to 18 people
- .Cooking Demonstration – Learn expert tips and tricks on how to prepare dumplings, cook the perfect BBQ, impress friends with a range of desserts or create the ideal feast for family in a fast paced, informative demonstration class. Perfect for small group of 24 people.
- Spa Anise Day Spa – A purpose built luxury spa, set like a jewel in the natural surrounds of an ancient rain forest, there is no space more relaxing or rejuvenating. Programs available to give your team a quick “mental overhaul” with a short 15 minute conference room session or for those wishing to unwind and take in a longer treatment, packages can be tailored for a morning or afternoon of pure relaxation.
- Cocktail Making Class – A hands on class with informative, fun facts regarding the intricate art of making the perfect cocktail. Guests will shake, stir and muddle their way through making two of The Tamarind’s Signature cocktails. Cheese and Lavosh served during the 2 hour class.
- Golf – Enjoy 9 or 18 holes at the newly opened Maleny Golf Course. Taking inspiration from the Machrihanish Dunes Golf Course in Scotland, the course has been designed in harmony with the gentle rolling hills, rich volcanic soil and surrounding rain forest of the region. Return transfers, buggy and club hire included.
- Photography Session – Renowned award winning Australian landscape photographer, Ben Messina explores the art and adventure of the local Sunshine Coast Hinterland region. Learn tips and techniques on how to capture the perfect landscape with heart, emotion and amazing depth. Photo shop session to edit images captured included in the session. A USB with your images from the class will be presented to the team.
Spicers Tamarind Retreat is located just outside Maleny in Sunshine Coast Hinterland, 45 mins from the Sunshine Coast Airport an easy 75 mins drive from Brisbane Airport.